Did you know that you don't always need to see a Doctor?
Dr Driver & Partners is pleased to announce that we now have a full time practice based Clinical Pharmacist working as part of our clinical team. Our clinical pharmacist is also an independent prescriber which means he can prescribe medicines just like your GP.
The practice also has Nurses and Health Care Assistants. You can book apointments directly with them by phone or at reception, and you will often be able to see them quicker than a doctor.
Here's some of their roles:
- Medication reviews
- Managing and prescribing for long-term conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, asthma and COPD
- Reviewing patients on complex medication regimes and monitoring blood tests
- Responding to acute/repeat medicines requests and reauthorising repeat medication
- Treating many common ailments
- Answering medicines enquiries from patients and resolving day-to-day medicines issues
Health Care Assistants:
- Asthma Review
- Diabetic Review
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonory Disease Review
- Blood Pressure Checks
- NHS Health Check (Ages 40 - 74)
- Pre-Diabetes Check
- B12 Injections
- Flu Jabs
- Pill Checks